Free dating online–you’ve heard about it, you’ve read about it, maybe you even have a friend who’s doing it. You’re thinking of giving it a try yourself. But how do you know if it’s the right thing for you? Here’s a quick quiz to help you determine whether you’re ready.
1. Are you dissatisfied with the traditional ways of meeting people to date? Two of the most likely places to meet people to date are in school and at work. If neither has helped you find a mate so far, then singles groups are often the next thing people try. The good thing about singles groups is that it puts you in front of other single people who are clearly interested in finding someone to date and possibly to mate. But if you’ve tried that route and still aren’t meeting anyone, then free online dating can be the best next step for you.
2. Are you over 30, over 40 or beyond? It gets more difficult to meet people to date as you get older. Many of your friends are already married and the bar scene has lost its appeal. That doesn’t mean there’s no one out there for you. It’s just not as easy to find one another! The world of on line dating gives you access to an almost unlimited supply of potential partners, more than you could ever meet any other way the impossible quiz 2.
3. Do you have a good sense of who you are and what you want in a partner? The great thing about getting older is that we usually know ourselves better and have a more realistic idea of what kind of person would be a good match for us. And hopefully, you have a better idea of what you can give to a relationship, not just what you want to get.
On line dating allows you to search for a partner based on what is most important to you. Looking at a person’s profile online allows you to find out much more about them than you’d normally know about anyone you meet offline.
4. Do you know enough about computers to browse the internet and use e-mail, or are you willing to learn? You don’t need to own a computer; you just need access to one. And if you don’t know how to use e-mail yet it’s not that difficult to learn. Anyone who is sufficiently motivated can do it.
5. Are you willing to be proactive to get what you desire? On line dating does call for some effort on your part. You have to find a good dating service site and create a profile about yourself so others can find you. You have to put in the time to search the profiles on your site and contact people who interest you. If you’re unwilling to do a little bit of work, then free dating online won’t work for you.
6. Are you willing to overcome your preconceived ideas about whether “nice people” should get involved in on line dating? It’s becoming more acceptable every day to meet people through free dating online. And the people who do it are likely to be more educated and better off financially than the average. Sounds like a good group of people to pick from, doesn’t it?
7. Do you enjoy writing or are you willing to improve your writing skills? Communication on the internet favors those who write well. You make your first impression based on what you write in your profile and your e-mail messages. The good news is that with the great spelling and grammar checking features available in most e-mail programs, there is no excuse for being a poor writer any more. Anyone of average intelligence can learn to write well enough to attract a partner. It just takes the willingness to learn.
SCORING Give yourself 1 point for each YES answer.
0 – 4 You are not ready for free dating online. Until you can honestly answer YES to at least 5 questions, you are unlikely to have a good experience with online dating.
5 – 6 You’re almost ready to try on line dating. You need to look at some dating sites and individual profiles to familiarize yourself with the prospects that are available to you. See if that doesn’t increase your willingness to work on the issues in the questions which you answered in the negative.
7 What are you waiting for? Take off the brakes and go for it! You’ve got what it takes to succeed in on line dating. Get started by checking out all the great resources on the net for dating site reviews and online dating advice. It’s never too late to change your fate!